The world is really about you to you and me to me … get it? And, it should be. You are here living with yourself every moment of the day – even if you choose to help others, you are still living your life the way you want it for you. So, when you want to know something about you, a survey is very attractive.
In walks survey marketing for the small business.
Survey marketing is a way of personalizing a relationship, providing information to a potential customer and making your product all about the client. Here is an example:
1. I have a problem: I want some natural vitamins to boost my energy but I am not sure what I might need or even why I am tired in the afternoon
2. I go online to research. I type into Google: afternoon fatigue vitamins
3. Up comes the search result and I notice a site that says “take a survey to determine what vitamins will help you fight afternoon fatigue”
4. I click on that site over all the other sites
5. I complete the survey.
6. At the end of the survey, I get the results by providing my email address (now I am on their marketing list) and the survey is also emailed to me BUT in addition, the survey is also displayed on the thank you page …. with a pitch for a more in depth analysis and the ability to buy those vitamins
7. I buy them (and now they have the opportunity to sell to me further)
Isn’t survey marketing a great small business marketing tool????
Alison Elliott is a Marketing Expert and founder of Corner Your Market Global Marketing. To get these tips along with tips on SEO for Small Business, Social Media Marketing for Small Business, Unique, Interesting and Great Marketing Ideas for Small Business , Help Creating Online Marketing Plans for Small Businesses, and Businesses and Software to help Market your Small Business online , you can sign up to our small business marketing e-guide here.